‘A Day in the Life’ with Head Concierge of Parramatta Square
‘A day in the life’ is a new monthly interview series where we take some time to get to know some of our precinct community. This week we speak to Darren, Head Concierge at Parramatta Square.
1. What does a typical day look like in the life of a 'Head of Concierge'?
A typical day in the life of a 'Head of Concierge' is a day full of fun, excitement, tenant satisfaction, surprises, staff/roster scheduling and lots of coffee.
2. What do you enjoy most about your role?
The most enjoyable and satisfying part of my role is meeting and greeting tenants and visitors, chatting and interacting, but mostly knowing that I have had a positive impact on someone's day.
3. What's the best piece of advice you have ever been given?
Over my many years working as a Concierge I have been given many pieces of advice. However some that have always stuck in my head are;
- Consistency is more important than talent
- Under promise, over deliver
- Don't bring problems, find solutions
4. What is your favourite aspect of Parramatta Square?
The luxury of convenience; transport, eateries, shopping
Do you know someone interesting who would love to participate in our interview series? Get in touch with email@example.com